By Husein Haveliwala & Pratishtha Rana
Disney’s long-awaited live-action remake of Aladdin is finally in theatres now. The original 1992 musical captured hearts of the viewers worldwide and left us all fascinated with the extravagant luxuries set against an Arabian backdrop. The new version of the film will bring it all back to life, in all its gold-plated, palatial glory. To celebrate the 2019 release of Disney’s Aladdin, LuxeBook brings you an exclusively curated list of the best in Arabian-inspired food, fashion, beauty, fragrances, jewellery, and home décor in India.
Amidst all the madness in Aladdin’s world, the authentic middle eastern feasts will catch your eye not once or twice, but multiple times. Reminisce Agrabah and its gastronomical magic through the Indian route at Rue Du Liban in Kala Ghoda, Mumbai, and satiate the need for a rich Levantine cuisine. The menu features Halloumi, Kibbeh Akras and cheese rokakat.
Arja Shridhar, Co-partner & Director, Rue Du Liban says, “The Middle East includes 17 countries and at Rue Du Liban, our Levantine cuisine encompasses food from at least nine of these, and in our menu, we have tried to retain all the authentic flavours and textures of the Levantine region“. He adds, “We have quite literally brought a slice of the Levant to Mumbai.”
- Location- Sassoon Building, 43, VB Gandhi Marg, Kala Ghoda, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400023
- Price- 3,000 for two
- Website- http://rueduliban.in/
Jasmine is always dressed to impress. After all, she is a princess! To get your own Jasmine-inspired ensemble, check out Tarun Tahiliani’s ‘Egyptian Floral Print Cape Style top with Sharara’. The classy Middle East inspired outfit has stunning hand embroidery.
- Price – Rs. 74,900
- Where to purchase –https://www.taruntahiliani.com/collections/women/products/egyptian-floral-print-cape-style-top-with-sharara
“Mirror, mirror on the wall” evokes thoughts of fairy-tales and the palatial world of Agrabah. An exclusive, Aladdin-inspired makeup collection from MAC Cosmetics is one way to embody the Middle East.
- Price – $310
- Collection – The Disney Aladdin Collection
- Where to purchase – https://www.maccosmetics.com/disney-aladdin-mac
The smell of the sweetest perfumes always wafts through the Bazaar of Agrabah! To give you a similar fragrance straight from a refined Arabian lineage is Ajmal’s ‘Oudesire’. Fused with the timeless scent of Oudh, the unisex Eau De Parfum is interlaced with notes of orangeflower, rose, ginger, raspberry, amber, musk, and Jasmine.
- Price – Rs. 17,500
- Capacity – 100 ml
- Top – Floral Fresh, Heart – Spicy Fruity, Base – Ambery Woody Musky
- Where to purchase – In-store (Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kochi, Lucknow, Chennai, Surat, Bhopal, Jaipur, Guwahati, Amritsar, Dehradun, and many more)
The Sultan’s Palace in Agrabah is adorned with priceless valuables – chandeliers, rugs and curios galore! We have found the perfect treasures to bedazzle your home with a touch of royalty. While the ‘Panache’ hand-knotted wool carpet from Cocoon Fine Rugs probably won’t lift you off the ground, it will give your home a feel of the Persian world. The stunning ‘Samovar Saffron Tea Set’ by Good Earth includes a silver-plated teapot, Perisan tumblers and tapas detailed with 24 carat gold, inspired by Persian miniature paintings.
Cocoon Fine Rugs – Panache
- Price – Rs. 98,000
- Collection – Impression
- Approximate Size – 5′ x 8′ (152.4cm x 243.84cm)
- Where to purchase – https://www.cocooncarpets.com/collections/shop/products/impression-1
Good Earth – Samovar Saffron Tea Set (Set of 9)
- Price – Rs. 22,000
- Contents – Teapot, kulhars (4) and tapas (4)
- Where to purchase –https://www.goodearth.in/catalogue/samovar-saffron-tea-set-set-of-9_18732/